[Scribus] Help for box with big quotation marks

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Oct 16 19:17:16 CEST 2005

Hi Daniele,

Daniele schrieb:
> Il 04:28, domenica 16 ottobre 2005, Christoph Sch?fer scrisse:
> Hi Christoph,
>
>>What you described as your solution seems perfectly reasonable, but
>>from your description I can't see any better solution, unless you
>>could be more specific.
>
> This is the final result (more or less..):
> http://www.kailed.net/box.png

As Greg wrote, grouping or using the srapbook might help. I also think
that the use of inline graphics wouldn't make things easier than Greg' s
suggestion.

>>I also would like to direct your attention to the fact that page
>>layout means a maximum of control on every aspect of page items.
>>
>>All the nice "auto-x" "auto-y" features you may be accustomed to from
>>other software are mostly counterproductive in real world production
>>scenarios.
>
> Well, I dont'want auto-magical-features, but some help for repetitive
> task. Things usefull for magazines and books...
>
> In this case I think that inline-graphics could help but I don't know
> how to use it!
>
> Another problem in Scribus is that new features are not well documented
> so are hard to find/try/use..
> How we can test things that we dont't know ?!?

You are absolutely right on this point. But you have to consider that
Scribus is some kind of "moving target". Things are changing constantly.
But of course it is true that for testing at least some basic
instructions are necessary. Some of them can already be found on the
Wiki, and Craig Bradney announced there are more to come.
> Bye.
> 	Daniele.

Cheers,

Christoph