[Scribus] use fonts from "Xara" in Scribus ?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Oct 16 02:34:20 CEST 2005

stu seven schrieb:
>  I read the several posts here about a possible Linux
> release of "Xara"... so... I went and tried "Xara", for
> windows today... no working program available for Linux
> yet.
>   Xara is a very nice paint program... and has a good
> collection of fonts... it is not a page making program,
> however, and I'd like to be able to use their "Narkisim"
> font in Scribus.
>   They have gone OpenSource already... I wonder if
> anyone knows how to obtain just that font for Scribus use ?
> Can Scribus import new fonts ?
>  Thanks

As for the fonts installed under Windows, you just have to move to the
respective directory from your Linux partition and install the fonts for
Linux, or, if you are running the two OSes on two different machines,
copy the font files to a USB stick or something else.

For the use of fonts in Scribus, please have a look here:

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=fonts2

This one should answer all your questions.

HTH,

Christoph