1.3.x is available for Debian, was Re: [Scribus] Newbie: Howto autosize text frames and other (I am sure)

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Wed Oct 12 09:10:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 10/11/05, Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at tagancha.org> wrote:
> * John Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> [2005-10-11 09:58:21 -0700]:
>
> > On 11 Oct 2005, at 9:48, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:

................X
> ...................... You would have to build your own package from source.
> Fortunately with the current state of apt and packages like apt-build and
> apt-src, it is _very_ easy for you to track my packages personally on your
> 64-bit system.
> ...................X

I can't recall correctly but I think one of the dependencies (JPEG
library, ZLib one of the other few libraries - I can't recall right
correctly the exact one) _has_ a 64-bit configure option for faster
rendering using C99 if you have a 64 bit architecture.  Or probably,
one of these libs have a C99 option to use the later more-optimized
maths/float types.  I don't remember right now but it would be very
useful to find out the one library that does have such an option and
check out the configure's help for each - if you do want a speedup,
that is.

I don't know how much gcc supports C99 but I remember I did check
man/help and I did find out some C99 specific stuff in GCC man.

--
Best regards,

Asif