[Scribus] Newbie: Howto autosize text frames and other (I am sure)

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Wed Oct 12 12:47:28 CEST 2005

On Monday 10 October 2005 23:12, Andreas Vox wrote:
> David GoodEnough wrote:
> > 1) I use frames to isolate different items (for instance all the diary
> > dates
> > for a given organisation), and it would be useful if there was a
> > script that
> > would take a frame and adjust its size so that it was exactly the right
> > vertical height to fit the text that was in it.
>
> Not sure, but I think that's not possible yet.
>
> > 2) In my general diary section I have lines with a date, a time and
> > a description.  The date and time are at the left hand of the frame,
> > and
> > the description is right justified, rather like a table of context or
> > How do I put in something to guide the eye from one side to the other,
> > in a WP I would typically use a "." fill for the tab.
>
> Tabs with fill chars are only implemented in 1.3
I have managed to upgrade to 1.3.1cvs, and yes I see it and it is exactly
what I want.  Thanks.

> > 3) How do I put a right tab on the right margin of the frame, so that
> > if
> > I change the width of the frame the right tab adjusts automatically.
> > In
> > the WPs I have used some of them had an implicit tab on the right
> > margin which was right justifiy.
>
> Please file an RFE on bugs.scribus.net
>
> > 4) It would be really useful to have a key combination which brought
> > up the story editor.  I am generally working on a laptop without a
> > mouse (my desk is too cluttered to provide room for a mouse) so I
> > use the touchpad and it keeps thinking I have selected frames that I
> > have passed over to get to the icon on the toolbar.
>
> Use Tools -> Keyboard Shortcuts and define a key sequence for "Edit
> Text"
Edit text on 1.3.1 gets me to in-place editing of text, not the story editor.
But I found there is now a shortcut for that (Ctrl-Y) so I am happy.

David