[Scribus] Fwd: [Scribus 0002709]: Implicit right tab on right hand margin

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Tue Oct 11 14:29:59 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 13:07, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 13:57, David Goodenough wrote:
> > >
> > > Scribus doesnt depend on KDE at all. If there is some dependency
> > > holding your Scribus back then please submit a bug on our tracker and
> > > we will get Alex to see why.
> >
> > I guess it might have been Qt, which has also been upgraded on Debian
> > unstable and being C++ is part of the GCC 4.0 ABI transition.
>
> Yes, quite possible. Its not a small upgrade.
I will try it again and record the errors I get and report them.

> > I could not find anywhere on the bug where there was a button or a text
> > area for me to add such a notes.
>
> The big box "add note". The bug is open so you can do that, as long as you
> are logged in.
OK, I have got so used to Konqueror automatically logging me on when I
go to a site that I did not notice that when I clicked on the URL to get me
to the bug it had not logged me on.  Now I see the "add note" text box.

> > Are you saying that when submitting a feature request rather than
> > reporting the actual version we are running you want the latest version
> > available selected?  If so it might be an idea to add a note to that
> > effect to the page or to remove the version number from the page when
> > requesting a feature as it is obviously redundant.
>
> No, we need to know what version the bug exists in. Its fine to submit a
> bug for an older version, but it'd be nice if you could test in a newer
> version first, especially since you are 2 *stable* releases behind by now.
> Of course, Debian being special, as always, causes issues such as above.
But this a feature request not a bug.  I also had received comments from
this list that suggested that this feature was not in even the latest version.
You might not implement it for several releases and a number of Bug Trackers
have adopted the idea that there is no point in attaching a release to a
feature request for exactly this reason.  But if this one does not have that
facility then so be it.

> Craig
David