[Scribus] Fwd: [Scribus 0002709]: Implicit right tab on right hand margin

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Oct 11 14:07:16 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 13:57, David Goodenough wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 12:39, Craig Bradney wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 October 2005 13:24, David Goodenough wrote:
> > > This is rediculous.  I submit a feature request (actually I was asked
> > > on this forum to submit a feature request which I take it to mean that
> > > this feature does not exist in even the most recent version).  Yet I
> > > get a stock answer telling me to upgrade.  As I use the Debian unstable
> > > version and have not yet upgraded to KDE 3.4.2 (I can not, there are
> > > some apps I need which have not completed the transition) this is the
> > > last version that I can use that works (the versions on the Scribus
> > > site are built to sarge not unstable so there is no point in mentioning
> > > those).
> >
> > Scribus doesnt depend on KDE at all. If there is some dependency holding
> > your Scribus back then please submit a bug on our tracker and we will get
> > Alex to see why.
>
> I guess it might have been Qt, which has also been upgraded on Debian
> unstable and being C++ is part of the GCC 4.0 ABI transition.

Yes, quite possible. Its not a small upgrade.

> I could not find anywhere on the bug where there was a button or a text
> area for me to add such a notes.

The big box "add note". The bug is open so you can do that, as long as you are
logged in.

> Are you saying that when submitting a feature request rather than reporting
> the actual version we are running you want the latest version available
> selected?  If so it might be an idea to add a note to that effect to the
> page or to remove the version number from the page when requesting a
> feature as it is obviously redundant.

No, we need to know what version the bug exists in. Its fine to submit a bug
for an older version, but it'd be nice if you could test in a newer version
first, especially since you are 2 *stable* releases behind by now. Of course,
Debian being special, as always, causes issues such as above.

Craig