[Scribus] Fwd: [Scribus 0002709]: Implicit right tab on right hand margin

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Tue Oct 11 13:57:18 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 12:39, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 October 2005 13:24, David Goodenough wrote:
> > This is rediculous.  I submit a feature request (actually I was asked on
> > this forum to submit a feature request which I take it to mean that this
> > feature does not exist in even the most recent version).  Yet I get a
> > stock answer telling me to upgrade.  As I use the Debian unstable version
> > and have not yet upgraded to KDE 3.4.2 (I can not, there are some apps I
> > need which have not completed the transition) this is the last version
> > that I can use that works (the versions on the Scribus site are built to
> > sarge not unstable so there is no point in mentioning those).
>
> Scribus doesnt depend on KDE at all. If there is some dependency holding
> your Scribus back then please submit a bug on our tracker and we will get
> Alex to see why.
I guess it might have been Qt, which has also been upgraded on Debian unstable
and being C++ is part of the GCC 4.0 ABI transition.

> Have you read:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_on_Debian_GNU/Linux ???
> Theres packages there for Debian stable, testing, unstable and Ubuntu Hoary
> and Breezy.
I will go and read it.

> > Also having submitted the feature request and got this note added I went
> > to the bug site and looked for a way to add my own comments, and I
> > could not find one.  How do I add further comments myself?

I could not find anywhere on the bug where there was a button or a text
area for me to add such a notes.

> We fix bugs and release new versions with them included, so please upgrade,
> even if your request is not in there. We will not implement a new feature
> in an old version.
I am not asking for it to be added to an old version.  That is the version I
happen to be running, not the version I would ask for it to be added to.  I am
quite happy to wait for the new feature whenever it appears, it would just
make my life even better if I had it.

Are you saying that when submitting a feature request rather than reporting
the actual version we are running you want the latest version available
selected?  If so it might be an idea to add a note to that effect to the page
or to remove the version number from the page when requesting a feature
as it is obviously redundant.

David