[Scribus] Another happy user

Aaron aamehl
Mon Oct 3 04:08:48 CEST 2005

My 2 cents
Since we are I think talking xml, why not instead of a specific convetor
for Open Office make a plugin that lets you map styles.

Then any xml format and by extension non-xml can be imported Epic editor
has had such a feature for years.

If this was implemented as a feature outside the main gui, it could
become useful for applications besides Scribus.

I think this is just a frontend to xsl to let non xml people map tag=tag
from one language to another.

btw maybe such a gui frontend already exists?
This concept would place scribus in a good position so that it could
work with framemaker docs, Ms word docs (rtf or rtf converted to xml or
isn't the latest version of word also xml based?) It could even help
with many other interoperational conversions.

What I mean in plain terms is a conversion application from
documentation formats to and from other documentation formats. Including
Docbook and Tei etc.

Aaron