[Scribus] Linux Font Editor?

Robert Memering memering
Sun Oct 2 13:20:06 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag, 2. Oktober 2005 07:22 schrieb John Jordan:
> Frankly, it would be less work to buy Fontlab and
> make the font I need than to learn TeX.

I strongly disagree. Making fonts is really work for experts.
And I am sure it takes longer to master a font editor like
fontforge and to make a complete quality font than to learn
some basic LaTeX and use the excellent work others did before.

> Plus, I must repeat myself, even if I learned TeX, it does not do
> anything for the other half of my goal -- to make available an open
> source DTP + IPA font that ALL linguistics students can use.

That's the sad thing. Everyone seems to think that learning
to do things differently (or making others learn it) is
impossible. I think ALL linguists and students could use LaTeX
or any other free software they want. But sadly they don't want it.

I don't believe in your "different" brain, I think it's a
weak excuse.

Robert