[Scribus] PRINTING Scribus books ?

stu seven stu7seven
Sat Nov 19 03:49:58 CET 2005

     I would include LuLu on such a list, with the
reservations I have noted already...primary among
these is their output format.
     If you want [book] printing, they are only starting
to offer hardback again...their standard output is,
as mentioned, something more like light index
stock... more like restaurant menus... sporting
event programs... like that... it's thicker than
magazine covers, but less than a "penguin cover"...
and, I have read there are some book oriented
organizations which simply will not stock or
shelve or whatever, such prints (apparently for
this reason).
     I like LuLu because they will print what I
have in a PDF file, and give me back a booklet...
that's enough for me_ but for "professional uses"
you may have issues with what they offer.