[Scribus] PDF Error - Error (227233): Illegal digit in hex char in name

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Nov 10 14:14:47 CET 2005

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 15:45, H?kan Hagenrud wrote:
> > They are just the way Scribus writes the PDF, and not quality of PDF
> > issues.
> >
> > We had an illegal char issue and it was fixed ages ago tho.
> >
> > Craig
>
> I think that this is a problem. I tried making pdf files using japanese
> type and fonts, no problems, look nice on screen but I cant even select
> the text to re-use it in another application. The same applies when I
> get lots of spaces in my english or swedish text, can't re-use the text.
>
> Anyone else think this may be a problem?

Its an issue for those wishing to copy paste from a Scribus PDF, however, at
this point we prefer the exactness of output that we achieve.  Once some
other major work is done in the 1.3.x series, this will be looked at. You may
save as text from your Scribus document.

Craig