[Scribus] a list in French

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Nov 3 12:31:14 CET 2005

On Thursday 03 November 2005 12:07, Le Tigre wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to know if it's possible, and also if it's good or not, to
> create a french mailing-list.
> I know a few contributors here that speak french: Louis first, but others
> (and there are also Cedric G?my and Yves Ceccone who seem to be the first
> french users of Scribus).
> I'm going to use Scribus for a professional purpose, and a big project: a
> french newspaper that we're creating, called "Le Tigre". It's an
> independant little weekly-magazine (see the pdf, which is... in french,
> there:
> http://journal-letigre.com/Le_Tigre_PresentationP.pdf).
> We are going to be 3 ou 4 people using Scribus more or less every day (see
> an example of 1 page made with Scribus there:
> http://journal-letigre.com/LeTigre2_3v1_3-Page11.jpeg) - and the fact is
> that speaking english is not our masterpoint. I allready made some
> questions on this list, but I realize it's not very useful and that it's
> hard for me to be clear. We are going to have many questions (and answers)
> about Scribus, and I was thinking a mailing-lsit (or forum) in French could
> be good, for making Scribus much known in french-speaking countries. But I
> don't know if it's bad to make a different list, that's why I'm asking...
> All your commentaries will be appreciate, and if the answer is yes, let me
> know your suggestions (what kind of list, etc.).

We have previously discussed this and come to the conclusion that using this
list is just as good as another. If you need to post in French, then please
do. At least 3 of the developers understand French and can reply to some
degree. The splitting up of knowledge is not a good thing and we want to
avoid that. You may also enhance the French part of the wiki if required.

regards
Craig