[Scribus] a list in French

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Thu Nov 3 12:59:53 CET 2005

>On Thursday 03 November 2005 12:07, Le Tigre wrote:
>>  Hi everybody,
>>
>>  I would like to know if it's possible, and also if it's good or not, to
>>  create a french mailing-list.
>>  I know a few contributors here that speak french: Louis first, but others
>>  (and there are also Cedric G?my and Yves Ceccone who seem to be the first
>>  french users of Scribus).
>>  I'm going to use Scribus for a professional purpose, and a big project: a
>>  french newspaper that we're creating, called "Le Tigre". It's an
>>  independant little weekly-magazine (see the pdf, which is... in french,
>>  there:
>>  http://journal-letigre.com/Le_Tigre_PresentationP.pdf).
>>  We are going to be 3 ou 4 people using Scribus more or less every day (see
>>  an example of 1 page made with Scribus there:
>>  http://journal-letigre.com/LeTigre2_3v1_3-Page11.jpeg) - and the fact is
>>  that speaking english is not our masterpoint. I allready made some
>>  questions on this list, but I realize it's not very useful and that it's
>>  hard for me to be clear. We are going to have many questions (and answers)
>>  about Scribus, and I was thinking a mailing-lsit (or forum) in French could
>>  be good, for making Scribus much known in french-speaking countries. But I
>>  don't know if it's bad to make a different list, that's why I'm asking...
>>  All your commentaries will be appreciate, and if the answer is yes, let me
>>  know your suggestions (what kind of list, etc.).
>
>We have previously discussed this and come to the conclusion that using this
>list is just as good as another. If you need to post in French, then please
>do. At least 3 of the developers understand French and can reply to some
>degree. The splitting up of knowledge is not a good thing and we want to
>avoid that. You may also enhance the French part of the wiki if required.

Bonjour Rapha?l,
Bonjour Craig,

I support this. I can answer many questions in French... but
obviously not all questions! In the case a question had to be
answered in French and I or other French speaking don't have this
answer, I can translate an answer coming from the devels. Many people
on this list can write in French.

Il ne faut pas h?siter un seul instant ? poster une question en
fran?ais sur cette liste!

Bravo pour ce projet!

Cordialement,

Louis