[Scribus] Page numbering revisited

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Nov 2 23:48:57 CET 2005

Craig Bradney a ?crit :

> On Wednesday 02 November 2005 22:49, Louis Desjardins wrote:
>
>>Craig Bradney a ?crit :

>>>Most?
>>
>>You're right. All bases covered.
>>Great job!
>

> :) Its not finished yet in terms of automation, but the above certainly works.
> It also provides for reversed numbering.. ie pages 0-9 can be numbered 10-1.
> This is currently inactive, for today at least.
>
> Some questions tho..
>
> Page 0-4 being numbered i-v
> Page 5-9 being numbered 1-5
> Page 10-14 being numbered A-E
>
> If a page is added after page 4, should the new page 5 be in the 1st section,
> or the first in the 2nd section.. and then how should the section numbering
> change.
I think what the program has to know is in what section do you add a
page. In the case you're giving, the new page can be numbered either vi
or 1. One section has now 6 pages. Which one is up to the user.

> When a page is added within a section, say, after page 6. Should the 2nd
> section automatically be extended to be 5-10,
Correct in my view.
and the 3rd be from 11-15?
Yes again.
or
> the 2nd remain at 5-9 and the 3rd become 10-15?
I think this can be unexpected.

What's added to a section remains into and affects that section only.

Curious to see what others think.

Cheers,

Louis