[Scribus] scribus invisible when installed from debian package

Craig Ringer craig
Fri May 27 06:45:21 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 22:31 -0600, Daniel Paul O'Donnell wrote:
> I've tried installing debian (for Ubuntu) scribus from the instructions
> at this URL:
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=install&page=install-dpkg
>
> I've used both the apt and synaptic methods. I've never had any trouble
> with either, though I am a relative Linux newbie.
>
> My problem is that despite an apparently successful installation, I
> can't find the program anywhere. It doesn't show up in my applications
> list, and I can't find any obviously relevant directory (e.g.
> under /etc, though I've browsed through the system more generally). Any
> suggestions?

/usr/bin/scribus

In general, if you're confused about where a package has put things,
use:

$ dpkg -L $PACKAGENAME

eg:

$ dpkg -L scribus | less

I'm not sure why the menu integration hasn't happened - maybe malex will
have some ideas there.

--
Craig Ringer