[Scribus] scribus invisible when installed from debian package

Daniel Paul O'Donnell daniel.odonnell
Fri May 27 06:31:35 CEST 2005

I've tried installing debian (for Ubuntu) scribus from the instructions
at this URL:
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=install&page=install-dpkg

I've used both the apt and synaptic methods. I've never had any trouble
with either, though I am a relative Linux newbie.

My problem is that despite an apparently successful installation, I
can't find the program anywhere. It doesn't show up in my applications
list, and I can't find any obviously relevant directory (e.g.
under /etc, though I've browsed through the system more generally). Any
suggestions?

-dan