[Scribus] Re: Scribus installation under the home directory

Craig Ringer craig
Fri May 27 06:38:29 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 18:06 -0700, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response and sorry for this late reply!  I
> downloaded the latest GS from:
>
>                      http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/AFPL/get851.htm
>
> because having the latest GS is very much emphasized somewhere in the
> Scribus docs.
>
> This page has versions of ZLib and LibPNG that I don't have on my FC3.
>  I have ZLib-1.2.1.2, LibPNG-1.2.7 on my FC3 distribution.

Aah. Those aren't minimum requirements, those are the current versions.
I'd read that as "If you don't have recent versions of these libraries
installed, download and install the ones linked to here" rather than "we
require these specific libraries at these specific versions."

--
Craig Ringer