[Scribus] Re: Printing tabloid in A4

Ludi Maciel iludi
Thu May 19 00:33:37 CEST 2005

Em Qua 18 Mai 2005 18:57, frank gaude' escreveu:
> Hello, folks!
>
> Coming from a very high powered Adobe, Canon, design and printing
> environment, I've had to temper what to expect from the Open Source
> Linux DTP arena, at least for the time being.
>
> It will take some time before Scribus gets up to the speed of an
> InDesign CS, PageMaker 6.5, or a QuarkExpress, in terms of features and
> ease of use. The program is getting mature and the programmers are
> certainly moving in the right direction. I believe in another year or
> two Scribus will take a backseat to nothing out there today.
>
> So let us use Scribus for what it can do, offer priorities, and upgrade
> as the new stable versions come out.
>
> Thanks to all who support Open Source.

Please, don't missunderstand me, but this is your point of view.
Scribus 1.2.2 already have much features and supports thing that even Adobe
don't.
I, how many of us, am graphic designer and I just can say that Scribus do the
job at very high quality but in the same time, they have a great usability
and facility.
Sure that 1.2.2 have some little lacks that will be solved in Scribus 1.3
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/1.3.x_Roadmap

There are some questions like that from Daniele, in my point of view, won't
never happen with a graduate professional for example (may be at learn
process).
Sometimes I just wondering the people that use Photoshop for example, most of
them don't need all that power. The result is a sequences of nonsense effects
(like chrome, blur, "artist's" and son on) that make every user say: Wow,
cool. Even Gimp have many of this kind.
If you use DtP software you MUST know the basics concepts of the use of this
tool.

Daniele, you can stretch and/or squeeze your job to put in whatever you want
but you will have to think in what kind of quality do you want of that.
For example, you can export to PDF and make this "fit" on whatever pdf reader.
I think that Asif give us a good explanation about it :)

Regards.
Ludi.