[Scribus] Re: XML format used in Scribus

Craig Ringer craig
Mon May 16 05:16:15 CEST 2005

Asif Lodhi wrote:

>Does that mean one would be able to change the layout,color-schemes,
>designs, etc. on-the-fly like it goes in MS Publisher?

I'm not familiar with that feature, so I really couldn't say without a
more detailed explanation of what it is.

What I was referring to was the ability to use XML transoformations,
_outside_ of scribus, to operate on Scribus's XML document format. All
sorts of things would be possible that way, so long as the new format
still validated, and it'd be a possible avenue for writing document
"downgraders" to permit Scribus 1.(x-1) to open Scribus 1.x documents.
That wouldn't work for 1.2.x -> 1.3.x/1.4.x though, as the current 1.2.x
format (still used in 1.3.x until the new one is ready) is not XML
processor friendly.