[Scribus] quality images for press (digital camera? cheap/fre eonline stock s? scan?)

Tariq Rashid tariq.rashid
Thu May 5 18:24:05 CEST 2005

thanks to everyone who replied and contributed to this thread.

i guess the ?300UK / $400US Rollei DK4010 is not really up to the task of
producing images suitbale for letter/A4 size print. the photopgraphy shop
insists the lens is good enough - which it may be - but at 4MP there will
not be enough pixels to spread over the printed glossy sheets.

tariq

-----Original Message-----
From: frank gaude' [mailto:tanzen at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: 05 May 2005 17:19
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] quality images for press (digital camera?
cheap/freeonline stock s? scan?)

Well, when it comes to ruling, Nikon is the way to go. Their lens since
1950 have been good, very good, at prices that make sense. Digital is
also the way to go presently. The Nikon D70 or the Canon Rebel XT are
extreme values for good color photos with enough resolution to produce
beautiful 13" by 19" prints and larger.

That's my two cents.