[Scribus] Font change requestor

frank gaude' tanzen
Mon May 2 16:48:12 CEST 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>Personally, rather than /quite/ the current situation, I think it might
>be worth looking at a more structured menu, eg:
>
>Helvectica
>	- Regular
>	- Oblique
>	- Bold
>	- Black
>	- Bold Oblique
>	- Book
>	- ....
>Utopia
>	- Bold
>	- Black
>	- Regular

Good luck with such an approach, Craig. I've watched over the years with
what Adobe has tried in that area. The problem starts with the fonts and
their headers not being uniform. You'll find it quite difficult to sort
through, parse the headers to get a meaningful way to declare the
subtitles of the font families, really to declare the fonts of the
individual typefaces. Good luck. I'm sure it can be made to work for a
select group of fonts from a select group of producers.

I wish for something like you point to, but the two-column approach is
more than acceptable for keeping the font list short.