[Scribus] Mac .app bundle (was Re: Success: compile Mac/Aqua from CVS without patches)

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Mar 25 02:34:30 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 16:28 -0900, Paraplegic Racehorse wrote:
> Andreas Vox wrote:
>
> > That said I plan to organize a preview binary bundle which can be simply
> > dropped into the system. If some daring alpha testers use it and
> > report all
> > errors to the developers, we might have a fully functional Aqua version
> > when 1.3.0 final comes out. :-)
> >
> > Ciao
> > /Andreas
> >
> Is the plan to release an .app bundle via public download (public alpha)
> or to keep a select group of testers (private alpha)? I'm very
> interested in testing this, but have been unsuccessful at compiling
> qt/mac and a few other binaries outside of the fink environment.

I'd like to release some form of  public alpha once it's at that stage.
Currently the build is ENORMOUS, which doesn't help, and there are still
quite a few issues to resolve - at least in the build I have here.

My side of things is slow going because I have quite a bit else to do as
well.

--
Craig Ringer