[Scribus] internal compiler error (second attempt)

steve mail
Tue Mar 22 18:44:02 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 18:30, PLinnell wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 March 2005 18:00, steve wrote:
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > I have a ticket from SuSE open on this one since
> > December but still no luck. Could anyone please help me
> > to get my compiler working? It _only_ segfaults when
> > trying to compile the scribus DTP tarball. I can
> > compile other stuff fine. It compiles fine on other
> > boxes so I'm trying to trace what's wrong with my box.
> > Today I ran memtest86 but with no errors.
> >
> > Cheers, Steve.
> >
> > Here are the errors from the compile:
> >
> > <snip from make>
> > In file included from annot.cpp:13:
> > customfdialog.h: In destructor `virtual
> > ImIconProvider::~ImIconProvider()':
> > customfdialog.h:46: internal compiler error:
> > Segmentation fault
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://www.suse.de/feedback> for instructions.
> > The bug is not reproduceable, so it is likely a
> > hardware or OS problem
> > make[3]: *** [annot.o] Error 1
> > make[3]: Leaving directory
> > `/home/steve/Desktop/scribus-1.2/scribus'
> > </snip>
> >
> > In fact it _is_ reproducible. I get the same error
> > message everytime I try to compile scribus.
>
> More info needed:
>
> Suse version ?
9.2

> which gcc ?  try: gcc -v

gcc version 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809)

> rpm -qi qt3-devel  ?

rpm -qi qt3-devel
Name        : qt3-devel                    Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 3.3.3

> and why bother with 1.2 ?

Hi Peter and thanks for the reply.
It doesn't matter which version I use, I always get this
error. The SuSE list are onto it at the moment and are
pushing me in the right direction so please don't spend
much time on this. I can always wait for the rpm is
necessary.
Steve.