[Scribus] internal compiler error (second attempt)

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Mar 22 18:30:19 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 18:00, steve wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have a ticket from SuSE open on this one since December
> but still no luck. Could anyone please help me to get my
> compiler working? It _only_ segfaults when trying to
> compile the scribus DTP tarball. I can compile other stuff
> fine. It compiles fine on other boxes so I'm trying to
> trace what's wrong with my box. Today I ran memtest86 but
> with no errors.
>
> Cheers, Steve.
>
> Here are the errors from the compile:
>
> <snip from make>
> In file included from annot.cpp:13:
> customfdialog.h: In destructor `virtual
> ImIconProvider::~ImIconProvider()':
> customfdialog.h:46: internal compiler error: Segmentation
> fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://www.suse.de/feedback> for instructions.
> The bug is not reproduceable, so it is likely a hardware or
> OS problem
> make[3]: *** [annot.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/steve/Desktop/scribus-1.2/scribus'
> </snip>
>
> In fact it _is_ reproducible. I get the same error message
> everytime I try to compile scribus.

More info needed:

Suse version ?

which gcc ?  try: gcc -v

rpm -qi qt3-devel  ?

and why bother with 1.2 ?

1.2.1 is in suse supplemental for 9.0+ , 1.2 is available for 8.2

ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_8.2/applications
or mirrors..

We've never received any build error reports from the suse devels,
excepting some useful patches for x86-64 builds.

In addition, I can confirm as of last night's Fedora FC-4 test1,
Scribus 1.3.0cvs *will* compile on gcc-4. Previous attempts with
gcc-4 snapshots ended in compiler errors. I'll test 1.2.2cvs tonight.

Peter