[Scribus] Success: compile Mac/Aqua from CVS without patches

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Mar 22 09:37:09 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 08:24, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> You guys rock! :-)
>
> Does that mean, I can buy a Powerbook and won't miss Scribus?
>
> Cheers!
> juh

To clarify: It is *possible* to build Scribus natively now with some
work.
Note:
1) 1.3.0cvs is *not* for production use. There is major surgery going
on underneath. ;)

2) Scribus has been available via fink since 0.6 or 0.8 days  IIRC.
It's always 'just worked TM' for me.  e.g. sudo fink install scribus

Martin has done a very good job of packaging and feeding us bug fixes
when found. The performance is nothing to complain about on decent
hardware.

Cheers,
Peter