[Scribus] Success: compile Mac/Aqua from CVS without patches

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Mar 22 09:51:46 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 09:14 +0100, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 22. M?rz 2005 09:07 schrieb Martin Costabel:
>
> > Scribus has been available for Mac OS X since August 2002.
>
> I know, I am not an OSX expert, but I thought it was a Fink-port so not really
> native and slower than on comparable Intel-Hardware. Or do I miss something
> -- I mean that would be good news.

Martin's OS/X native builds require Fink. If you want to compile Scribus
yourself as Andreas described, you'll still need fink for the libraries
unless you find struggling with quirky and badly behaved build systems
to be fun.

There's nothing inherently wrong with a 'fink port' - though as many
apps available using fink run only under X11, and there's currently no
good OS/X integration for X11 apps, I can see why you would think them
inherently slower or less native. That doesn't have to be the case.

The MacOS/X Aqua native Scribus 1.3cvs work is still very early days -
and even less suitable for production use than the standard 1.3 builds.

--
Craig Ringer