[Scribus] A suggestion about the generic warning with cvs 1.30

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Mar 13 17:49:56 CET 2005

Craig Bradney wrote:

>The issue we face is that 1.3 is a rapidly moving target. We are already
>seeing questions from people who are actually trying to use 1.3 for real
>work, which at this stage we do not really recommend.
>
>Put simply, I added the check as quick warning so we could release 1.3cvs when
>we did, without checking file versions etc. We can make it cleverer in the
>future.

I wonder about the alternative of having a constant message in the
toolbar or menu bar space (off to the right), saying "v1.3x: not for
production use".
This reminds me a bit of governmental agencies that go to great lengths
to protect us from ourselves, but let's face it, people still do stupid
things.

Greg