[Scribus] A suggestion about the generic warning with cvs 1.30

Craig Ringer craig
Sat Mar 12 20:21:00 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 20:12 +0100, Craig Bradney wrote:

> The issue we face is that 1.3 is a rapidly moving target. We are already
> seeing questions from people who are actually trying to use 1.3 for real
> work, which at this stage we do not really recommend.

Especially since the chances are that files made with an early version
of 1.3 might break with later versions.

> Put simply, I added the check as quick warning so we could release 1.3cvs when
> we did, without checking file versions etc. We can make it cleverer in the
> future.

We could use a QErrorDialog, permitting the user to suppress it, but
frankly I'm not sure it's a good idea to permit to to be suppressed.

--
Craig Ringer