[Scribus] A suggestion about the generic warning with cvs 1.30

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat Mar 12 20:12:20 CET 2005

On Saturday 12 March 2005 19:58, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> I would like to suggest that rather than give the warning about
> incompatibilities between 1.2 and 1.3 .sla files when a file is loaded
> with v1.3, that the time to warn should be when one is getting ready to
> save using v1.3...

Its in both.

> Once you know about this issue, it's annoying to get the warning every
> single time you load a file.  It seems to even come up when I load a
> file that I saved with v1.3

The issue we face is that 1.3 is a rapidly moving target. We are already
seeing questions from people who are actually trying to use 1.3 for real
work, which at this stage we do not really recommend.

Put simply, I added the check as quick warning so we could release 1.3cvs when
we did, without checking file versions etc. We can make it cleverer in the
future.

Craig