[Scribus] Scribus on Windows 2000

Steven Boothe steven
Tue Mar 8 18:46:42 CET 2005

MaHan wrote:
> My deepest respect to Steven Boothe aka Hap0  and his
> work on bringing Scribus to the Windows world!
>
> Finally, we have an easy to follow recipe for common
> mortals, that simply works.

Thanks but if it hadn't been for Ralf and Peter over at the kde-cygwin
project I would have had the ingredients to cook with! And if it hadn't
been for the nice folks who decided to pursue getting us such a fine
cookbook (http://wiki.scribus.net) I wouldn't have had such a nice place
to enter the recipe! Then of course there is all the fine developers
here that well I guess had a small part in bringing us this fine
software to begin with! :)

> All steps for installing binaries, described on
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_on_Win32
> , worked without the slightest problems:)

That's exciting feedback. Thanks!

> There is still a tiny color issue in my case -- white
> http://linux.hanski.info/tests/scribus_on_cygwin.jpg
 > will  be displayed as you can see on the screen shot (I'm
> going to file it on bugs.scribus.net), but the export
> to PDF works perfectly (white is white).

I reformatted that last quote so that the URL worked on-click.

> I don't know, what others will do, but I am going to
> e-mail some Windows addicts tonight :)

Well I certainly hope that it will be more accessible and helpful for
those desiring to get away from the proprietary publishing tools.
Especially those who desire to learn more about DTP without having to
cough up lots of money for software before they even start.

Cheers to all!