[Scribus] Solaris 10 - getting really close

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Mar 7 07:17:07 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 22:44 -0700, Rainer Heilke wrote:

> Solaris comes with a pile of PostScript fonts, so that's covered. I
> don't think there's a fontconfig--nothing in my path (which is fairly
> extensive), but more to the point, no man page for it. There are all
> sorts of FcFont[...] entries in the man pages, though... Not sure what
> they all are. They all seem to reference 3fontconfig, which also has no
> man page.

That sounds like fontconfig. It's an open source library, remember -
checking for documentation is hardly a conclusive way to determine its
absence :S

Look for fontconfig.h and fontconfig.so (or whatever Solaris calls
shared libraries ... I don't have it installed yet).

I strongly suspect it'll be present, given the Fc* manpages and the fact
that Solaris 10 has GNOME, which tends to use fontconfig (and may
require it, not sure).

You may need to tweak your PKG_CONFIG_PATH env var to include the
directory where 'fontconfig.pc' is if Scribus's `configure' script
doesn't find it the first time around.

--
Craig Ringer