[Scribus] Solaris 10 - getting really close

PLinnell mrdocs
Mon Mar 7 00:17:53 CET 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 00:08, Rainer Heilke wrote:
> Greetings, all.
>
> I'm not sure what changed in the last little while, but the newest
> CVS compiles under Solaris 10 SPARC. Thanks, guys! :-)
>
> Unfortunately, Scribus core dumps with a Segmentation Fault on
> start-up.
>
> >From watching the splash screen, this seems to happen when
> > searching for
>
> fonts. Running freetype-config gives back 9.7.3, which seems a
> little odd, but maybe that's what it is supposed to say? I used the
> 2.1.9 package from sunfreeware.com. Building freetype-2.1.9
> directly works, but gives a pile of "dereferencing type-punned
> pointer" errors (and yes, that's spelled correctly--what is
> "type-punned"?). It did build (freetype-config gave the same
> version number). I then removed the Scribus directory, slurped down
> the CVS tree, and rebuilt Scribus. On start-up, it crashed at
> exactly the same point.
>
> Any ideas? We're getting closer, and that's a good sign. :-)
>
> Rainer

Is fontconfig available for Solaris 10 and do you have some postscript
fonts in an accessable directory?

The last time I played with Scribus on Solaris was a long time ago on
Sol 8 x86.

Yes, that is encouraging news...

Cheers,

Peter