[Scribus] Solaris 10 - getting really close

Rainer Heilke rheilke
Mon Mar 7 00:08:09 CET 2005

Greetings, all.

I'm not sure what changed in the last little while, but the newest CVS
compiles under Solaris 10 SPARC. Thanks, guys! :-)

Unfortunately, Scribus core dumps with a Segmentation Fault on start-up.
>From watching the splash screen, this seems to happen when searching for
fonts. Running freetype-config gives back 9.7.3, which seems a little
odd, but maybe that's what it is supposed to say? I used the 2.1.9
package from sunfreeware.com. Building freetype-2.1.9 directly works,
but gives a pile of "dereferencing type-punned pointer" errors (and yes,
that's spelled correctly--what is "type-punned"?). It did build
(freetype-config gave the same version number). I then removed the
Scribus directory, slurped down the CVS tree, and rebuilt Scribus. On
start-up, it crashed at exactly the same point.

Any ideas? We're getting closer, and that's a good sign. :-)

Rainer