[Scribus] Scribus quits when trying to alter point size

Greg Hill bettyandgreg
Sat Mar 5 14:45:08 CET 2005

Can anyone advise what I have to do to correct this?
When I first open Scribus and try to set page dimensions or point size for the
type I get the following error and Scribus.
It looks to me like I am missing a module or something.
this happens every tiome I try to use Scribus.
Version installed: 1.2.1
OS: Mandrake 10.0
Any help appreciated. I did try to update the media via terminal, using
urpmi.update gulus-secu gulus-scribus to update the media and then to do an
upgrade via Mandrake rpmdrake, but it tells me the program is not installed,
even though I know it is installed. Very confusing.
Perhaps I should start over? What do you think?

scribus: Symbol `_ZTI8QSpinBox' has different size in shared object, consider
re -linking
scribus: Symbol `_ZTI7QPixmap' has different size in shared object, consider
re- linking
scribus: Symbol `_ZTI7QWidget' has different size in shared object, consider
re- linking
/usr/lib/scribus/plugins/libscriptplugin.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol:
_Py_NoneStruct
scribus: relocation error: scribus: symbol
_ZN9__gnu_cxx18__exchange_and_addEPVi  i, version GLIBCXX_3.4 not defined in
file libstdc++.so.6 with link time referen                 ce

--
Greg Hill
"The Impossible Just Takes a Bit Longer"