[Scribus] Scribus print job - mysterious profile and bright colours

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Wed Jun 29 15:05:27 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2005 13:19 schrieb PLinnell:

> > 2. I noticed that using the same colour management options related
> > to visual appearance of a document in Scribus and its PDF/X-3 or
> > EPS output in PhotoShop, for example, that is Print profile
> > Euroscale Coated v2, rendering intent relative colour metric and
> > simulated printed output, then colours appear noticeably different
> > in Scribus and in PhotoShop; the PDF/X-3 output of Scribus comes
> > closer to PhotoShop (and Acrobat Reader and real printing output)
> > than to the visual appearance of the Scribus document under work in
> > Scribus.

> I would need to see the documents in question to understand what is
> going on. If possible, please file a bug on bugs.scribus.net and
> attach the files in question. Thanks.

> > I am using Scribus 1.2.1 with lcms 1.13 and gs8.51.

> 1.3.0cvs already has a ton of CMYK image improvements including
> natively supporting CMYK PSD files. Color management as well.

Today I compiled 1.3.0cvs, and the colours of the Scribus document under work
are now much more similar to its PDF/X3 output viewed with Acrobat Reader or
PhotoShop, compared to Scribus 1.2.1 (I just opened the same document with
version 1.2.1 and 1.3.0cvs). So here I can see a big improvement.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht