[Scribus] Scribus print job - mysterious profile and bright colours

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Wed Jun 29 11:01:34 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2005 09:43 schrieb Tobias Hilbricht:
> Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2005 16:11 schrieb PLinnell:
> > When the PDF/X-3 exporter was originally coded CMYK tiffs were a
> > rarity on Linux and only Corel Photoshop could really handle them.
> > Wine could not run Photoshop etc.. That has all changed for the
> > better :)

One related question I would like to add to have this clear when working with
Scribus: does Scribus "respect" greyscale/black&white images, or do such
images appear as RGB in the PDF, too? Because this could lead to brownish
surprises in printed output, if for example a greyscale image gets
transformed via RGB into CMYK. You would then have to give separate
instructions on how to handle such images to the CtP-service.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht