[Scribus] Scribus print job - mysterious profile and bright colours

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Wed Jun 29 09:43:43 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2005 16:11 schrieb PLinnell:

> When the PDF/X-3 exporter was originally coded CMYK tiffs were a
> rarity on Linux and only Corel Photoshop could really handle them.
> Wine could not run Photoshop etc.. That has all changed for the
> better :)

Dear Peter,

my comment was not a complaint, Scribus already opens big new fields for Open
Source Software, and "Rome was not build on just one day"! As you say Linux
was almost CMYK free zone, but this changes, and, as I understand, Scribus is
also developped for MacOS (Windows too?), where there is a long CMYK
tradition and a lot of CMYK capable applications - so the new CMYK features
of Scribus will be very welcome and very useful.

> I just added a big caution about this in the docs and 1.2.3 will have
> added tooltips to avoid this.

This is for now the most important thing.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht