[Scribus] Scribus print job - mysterious profile and bright colours

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jun 28 16:11:18 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 14:11, Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
<snip>
> Dear Peter,
>
> thank you for your quick reply. So Scribus does not yet leave
> images as they are but converts them on export to PDF/X-3 silently
> into RGB. Not knowing this can be quite a pitfall, because the
> above mentioned export options suggested to me that the image gets
> into the PDF with its own profile, as it is also possible with
> PDF/X-3.

When the PDF/X-3 exporter was originally coded CMYK tiffs were a
rarity on Linux and only Corel Photoshop could really handle them.
Wine could not run Photoshop etc.. That has all changed for the
better :)

I just added a big caution about this in the docs and 1.2.3 will have
added tooltips to avoid this.

See: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2145

Peter