[Scribus] Scribus print job - mysterious profile and bright colours

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Tue Jun 28 14:11:24 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 28. Juni 2005 13:19 schrieb PLinnell:
> On Tuesday 28 June 2005 11:22, Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
> > 1. The print job included a tif-file, which is shown for example in
> > Adobe PhotoShop to be in CMYK and to include the Euroscale Coated
> > v2 profile.
> > Tab Colour - Pictures - Use ICC-profiles checked
> >                                  Do not use embedded profiles
> > unchecked Tab PDF/X-3 Output - Output profile Euroscale Coated v2
>
> With CMYK images, do not even bother with PDF/X-3, it is 100% RGB
> color in 1.2.x .  If your printer does support PDF/X-3, that is
> wonderful, but that tif needs to be converted to RGB and tagged with
> a suitable profile, like Adobe RGB.

Dear Peter,

thank you for your quick reply. So Scribus does not yet leave images as they
are but converts them on export to PDF/X-3 silently into RGB. Not knowing
this can be quite a pitfall, because the above mentioned export options
suggested to me that the image gets into the PDF with its own profile, as it
is also possible with PDF/X-3.

> 1.3.0cvs already has a ton of CMYK image improvements including
> natively supporting CMYK PSD files. Color management as well.

This will be quite good! Thank you again

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht