[Scribus] Scribus print job - mysterious profile and bright colours

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Jun 28 13:19:57 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 11:22, Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
r> Dear readers of this list,

> I used Scribus for a four colour offset print job using the Scribus
> PDF/X-3 export option. Two colour management related problems arose
> for which I would like to ask for experiences of other users:
>
> 1. The print job included a tif-file, which is shown for example in
> Adobe PhotoShop to be in CMYK and to include the Euroscale Coated
> v2 profile. However, the CtP-service informed me that they see the
> tif in question with "Profile RGB 1". I have no profile RGB 1 on my
> system, so now I am looking for the source of the problem. I
> exported with the following related PDF/X-3 options:
> Tab Colour - Pictures - Use ICC-profiles checked
>                                  Do not use embedded profiles
> unchecked Tab PDF/X-3 Output - Output profile Euroscale Coated v2

With CMYK images, do not even bother with PDF/X-3, it is 100% RGB
color in 1.2.x .  If your printer does support PDF/X-3, that is
wonderful, but that tif needs to be converted to RGB and tagged with
a suitable profile, like Adobe RGB.

> 2. I noticed that using the same colour management options related
> to visual appearance of a document in Scribus and its PDF/X-3 or
> EPS output in PhotoShop, for example, that is Print profile
> Euroscale Coated v2, rendering intent relative colour metric and
> simulated printed output, then colours appear noticeably different
> in Scribus and in PhotoShop; the PDF/X-3 output of Scribus comes
> closer to PhotoShop (and Acrobat Reader and real printing output)
> than to the visual appearance of the Scribus document under work in
> Scribus.

I would need to see the documents in question to understand what is
going on. If possible, please file a bug on bugs.scribus.net and
attach the files in question. Thanks.

> I am using Scribus 1.2.1 with lcms 1.13 and gs8.51.
>
> Yours sincerely
>
> Tobias Hilbricht

1.3.0cvs already has a ton of CMYK image improvements including
natively supporting CMYK PSD files. Color management as well.

Peter