[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration [was: How do you guys

Craig Ringer craig
Thu Jun 23 07:05:51 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 06:52 +0200, Peter Nermander wrote:
> > about different types of formatting. I think it is fine to create a "text
> > markup element reference matrix" capability of sorts to allow various
> > publishing houses to define their own sets of simple text markup elements and
> > plug those into a standard converter to the scribus character format. That way
>
> There really are not many elements needed. The ones I use in my HTML approach
> not really need markup because they are easily identified and the layout person
> can easily see them and manually set correct style (if needed).

I'm not convinced on the latter point. It's too easy to miss those
things, and you look really silly when what's obviously a headline
misses out on its formatting and goes to print as just another
paragraph.

> Using a suitable CSS-file the author can preview the file using his web browser.
> No special program needed, just a text editor and a web browser. I like that
> minimalistic approach:-)

You'd need to follow at least a minimal XML structure for that, I
tags must be <something/> not <something>, etc. Probably not a big deal,
but somewhat more burden for the author.

--
Craig Ringer