[Scribus] Ideas on collaboration [was: How do you guys

Peter Nermander m8130
Thu Jun 23 10:14:27 CEST 2005

> > Using a suitable CSS-file the author can preview the file using his web browser.
> > No special program needed, just a text editor and a web browser. I like that
> > minimalistic approach:-)

> You'd need to follow at least a minimal XML structure for that, I
> tags must be <something/> not <something>, etc. Probably not a big deal,
> but somewhat more burden for the author.

Most web browsers today are VERY forgiving when it comes to bad code:-)

I don't think any other markup would be require less coding dicipline. And for
HTML there are also working "cleaning" programs that fix incorrect code.

And being able to proof read using the web browser woule aneble authors to see
their mistakes. Using another markup the author would not be able to check the
result.

/Peter