[Scribus] How do you guys share scribu files for collaboration?

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Jun 21 07:25:59 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 13:14 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Well, if it's webDav, can't one just mount the shared folder etc? That's
> still do-able right and scribus doesn't have to be WebDAV aware right?

If there were good virtual file system mappings for WebDAV, then yes. I
haven't found any. There's decent DAV support in the KDE VFS, but that
doesn't help unless you can use kdelibs and kioslaves. Windows has some
DAV fs support with Web Folders, but that has its own issues.

Mac OS X has decent WebDAV support I think, but you'd need to use the
Mac file/save dialogs and possibly file access APIs to get the full
benefits of that.

If we do it with libneon, we can do it in a cross-platform manner;
nothing would stop us supporting platform specific methods later.

--
Craig Ringer