[Scribus] How do you guys share scribu files for collaboration?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng
Tue Jun 21 07:14:51 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 12:05 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 11:00 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 08:16 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
>
> > > You'd need some sort of "smart" version control / content management
> > > system that "understood" the doc format. I'd suggest Plone as the place
> > > to start if you want to investigate something like that (it's already
> > > used in some places for OO.o docs).
> >
> > I've heard of plone. A friend of mine suggested I look at something
> > which is like Object oriented in plone. (forgot the name of the app)
>
> Pone is built on top of Zope, which is built on top of Python. It's all
> pretty OO really.

Nope. That's not the one he was talking about. (can't remember it right
now)

> > > Until we can get WebDAV support into Scribus, something like Plone will
> > > be a lot less powerful, though, and to really benefit someone would need
> > > to write up the Plone extensions to understand the Scribus file format.
> >
> > Actually, where/how does WedDAV come into play?
>
> Plone "talks" WebDAV - you can use WebDAV to retrieve and save documents
> in Plone direct from apps that support it, somewhat like a shared
> filesystem. Plone, however, can potentially do clever things like
> "merging" changes to the document, because it's *not* just a filesystem.
> Of course, anything like that would require more development work done
> on the Plone side; nonetheless it's very interesting stuff. The Scribus
> side of the work shouldn't be too bad (for http:// URL entry - providing
> a DAV "browse" dialog would be harder until Qt4).

Well, if it's webDav, can't one just mount the shared folder etc? That's
still do-able right and scribus doesn't have to be WebDAV aware right?

> This tracker entry, and the related links shown in it, may be of
> interest:
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=1924

Will look at it.

--