[Scribus] Problem with PDF and AcroRead 7

Craig Ringer craig
Wed Jun 15 20:22:03 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 12:22 -0400, Henry Hartley wrote:
> Last night I finished up a two page document in Scribus and created a
> PDF.  It's a fairly large document since it is mostly photographs,
> weighing in at 16MB.  It opened fine on my old Fedora Core 1 machine at
> home.  I sent it to myself at work where I have access to a good printer
> and tried to open it in Acrobat Reader 7.0 (on Windows XP).  After 15
> minutes of hourglass with memory usage slowly rising to over the 700MB
> level (on a machine with 384MB of physical memory), I cancelled it.  I
> tried on another machine with similar results.  Then I found a copy of
> Reader 6.0 and it loaded and printed fine.  Any idea if this problem is
> a problem with Scribus or a problem with Acrobat Reader 7?  Further, if
> the problem lies with Scribus, any idea if is something that has been
> fixed since my (admittedly old) version 1.2?

There was an issue like that a while ago. I don't recall off the top of
my head what the resolution of it was. It'd be ideal to test the
document with 1.2.2cvs if at all possible, since if the problem is still
present there we really need to look into it.

--
Craig Ringer