[Scribus] Problem with PDF and AcroRead 7

Henry Hartley henryhartley
Wed Jun 15 21:09:44 CEST 2005

On Wed, June 15, 2005 2:22 PM, Craig Ringer said

>> On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 12:22 -0400, Henry Hartley wrote:
>> > Last night I finished up a two page document in Scribus and
>> > created a PDF.  It's a fairly large document since it is mostly
>> > photographs, weighing in at 16MB.  It opened fine on my old Fedora
>> > Core 1 machine at home.  I sent it to myself at work where I have
>> > access to a good printer and tried to open it in Acrobat Reader
>> > 7.0 (on Windows XP).  After 15 minutes of hourglass with memory
>> > usage slowly rising to over the 700MB level (on a machine with
>> > 384MB of physical memory), I cancelled it.  I tried on another
>> > machine with similar results.  Then I found a copy of Reader 6.0
>> > and it loaded and printed fine.  Any idea if this problem is a
>> > problem with Scribus or a problem with Acrobat Reader 7?  Further,
>> > if the problem lies with Scribus, any idea if is something that
>> > has been fixed since my (admittedly old) version 1.2?
>>
>> There was an issue like that a while ago. I don't recall off the
>> top of my head what the resolution of it was. It'd be ideal to test
>> the document with 1.2.2cvs if at all possible, since if the problem
>> is still present there we really need to look into it.

Well, I'm getting set to leave for a week but when I get back, updating
my system is high on my priority list.  I'll see what I can do at that
time unless someone else beats me to it.

--
Henry Hartley