[Scribus] Importing EPSF files in Scribus by pstoedit!

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Fri Jun 10 14:55:51 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 10. Juni 2005 13:21 schrieb Suki Venkat, [TnQ]:
 I have
> attached the EPSF file for your perusal. They have mentioned that it is
> Times-Italic (I used \usepackage{times} in my teTeX) but on screen in
> Scribus (and in PDF) the EPSF file looks as if the Times-font has got
> quite a beating!

Dear Suki,

your EPS-file is very corrupted. I can open it with gv/ghostview and see an x
and something behind it - should that be math? Then I would be interested in
TeX-file in the first place. It is usually no problem at all to produce
EPS-files wie (La)TeX for use with Scribus.

Example:

%-------your_file.tex---------------

\documentclass[a4]{article}

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}% in order to use type1 (PostScript)-fonts

\pagestyle{empty}

\begin{document}
$x = \sqrt{\frac{y + z^2}{y^{-2} - z^3}}$
\end{document}

%------end your_file.tex----------

Make a TeX-file your_file.tex out of the following, latex your_file.tex and
then dvips -E your_file.dvi -o
The resulting file your_file.ps can easily integrated by Import EPS into
Scribus.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht