[Scribus] Python scripting: request for a printed introduction/feature

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jun 8 15:45:45 CEST 2005

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> "Doppelseiten" is not what I mean. You still have to insert page
> margins manually to get the right proportions. As I wrote in my
> initial posting, Gutenberg's proportions are more or less standard in
> page layout, and it would be a handy feature to have an option avaible
> to set them with one click instead of using a calculator. It would
> also be a competetive advantage over Quark and InDesign since (AFAIK)
> both are lacking this feature.

One thing worth knowing: you can enter arithmetic expressions in the
requestors for various page and other dimensions, and Scribus will make
the calculations for you. This may go part of the way to what you would
like to implement. But, as you say, Python is where you really want to
go in the future.

Greg