[Scribus] Python scripting: request for a printed introduction/feature

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jun 8 15:05:25 CEST 2005

Hi Thomas,

> The O'Reilly one is excellent. If you have problem with a script, or
> no idea at all you can post your request here and we'll find a solution.

Unfortunately, the German version is out of print. Otherwise, it would
have been my first choice.

> I suggest that you read the dialogue more careful and use the
> option "Doppelsieten".

"Doppelseiten" is not what I mean. You still have to insert page margins
manually to get the right proportions. As I wrote in my initial posting,
Gutenberg's proportions are more or less standard in page layout, and it
would be a handy feature to have an option avaible to set them with one
click instead of using a calculator. It would also be a competetive
advantage over Quark and InDesign since (AFAIK) both are lacking this
feature.

> PS: Banging you head against the wall won't help.

Don't worry, the last time I did it was while using MS Office, and that
was some years ago ;-)

Christoph