Ant: [Scribus] Scribus in C Vu

Paul paul
Thu Jun 2 11:53:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

> it's good to hear there will be yet another place
> where we can read about your work on the Windows port.

Thanks.

> What confuses me a little bit (and please don't
> misunderstand me, I don't mean to sound rude), is why
> don't you use the already existing Scribus team
> infrastructure to inform about your progress? There is
> this feature request
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=15 assigned to
> you, where your last note dates from December 2003,
> not to mention your outdated blog
> http://scribusdev.blogspot.com/ and there have been
> many unanswered questions regarding this windows port
> . There are other places within the Scribus
> infrastructure like www.scribus.net, wiki.scribus.net,
> etc., where you can place a nice screen shot, or a
> test build for Wind32 -- why not using them?

I've had a multitude of problems with the wiki and blogspot. Craig B
will testify about me and wikis!

The port is developing well, but you must realise that it really is a
case of when I have time, I work on it. Recently, I've had zero time to
devote to just about anything due to finishing a Post Grad. Cert. Ed and
some other work I couldn't avoid.

I do attempt to answer the windows questions as well.

As for a test build.... as soon as the damned thing stays running for
more than 30 seconds, it'll be posted. Simple as that. In the past, I've
been singed by putting up screenshots and then through external factors,
not been able to progress sufficiently. It's really annoying for me and
is even worse for users.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Space", it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how
vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big space really is. I mean, you may